The new HikingAddiction.ca web site revamp is now online! If you haven't done so already, please make sure to login and add your cell number to your account to ensure you always receive event notifications.
- Readability has been dramatically improved by converting the site to a white background from the old dark grey one.
- All users can now schedule and host their own hikes for all other members. They will appear live! Warning: if you no-show or cancel too many events, you will no longer be able to schedule events.
- Membership to access all trail information and GPS logs has been reduced to $5/mo. There is now only this one plan. Existing plans will be honored, but a yearly membership is no longer available for purchase.
- You can now receive text messages if users comment on events you are attending, or on trails you are following. Additionally you can now UNFOLLOW comment notifications for specific events.
- Ability to automatically request or offer car pooling when clicking attending to an event.
- The resolution of trail photos has been dramatically improved.
- Header navigation has been improved to make it easier to find the trails you want right away.
- Tons of other usability tweaks and improvements to make the site look prettier, and functional more smoothly.
- Numerous bugs fixed and updated to the latest version of jQuery and other web plug-ins for a much more enjoyable experience regardless if you are on mobile or desktop.