Little White Mountain via Crawford Trail
Free Group Hike
Sat, Sep 13, 2014 10:30 AM
This is an adults only (19+) event!
Parking for this trail is at Bellevue Trestle, with the trailhead and signage about 0.5km up the precarious dirt road to the left (south east). The dirt road is very well maintained and drivable in most cars. Watch for potholes, and a couple larger dips.
1) After following the 0.5km dirt path to the trailhead, watch for the entrance directly ahead of you, with a brown trail sign labelled "Crawford Trail" about 50 meters up the path.
2) At approximately 1 km since the parking lot, you'll come across the YouthCorps campsite with a makeshift table, firepit, and campsites.
3) Continue onwards for another 1km and you'll cross a small river ("River" on GPS log).
4) After 4km of walking through the forest, reach a major forest service road with signage for Crawford Trail/Little White Mtn. Keep RIGHT.
5) Continue up this boulder-ridden and rocky road for just over 2.5 km until reaching a sign for the Highland Trail fork. This is the path you would have come up had you started at the Highway 33 entrance on the other side. KEEP LEFT.
6) Continue following the well used trail to the top of the mountain at the weather station.
The Google Directions on this page only take you to the Ruth Station turn-off. Use the detailed directions after this point.
There are no comments.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!