Thompson/Kamloops / Coquihalla
116 min driving from Downtown Kelowna
Disappear into the sub-alpine wilderness just south of the old Coquihalla toll-booth and climb to a stunning ascent via meadows for a view of the valley and Falls Lake. In the winter months, this trail is a popular destination for back-country skiing and snowshoeing. Huckleberries line the trail top in August!
1) After arriving at the Falls Lake parking lot, continue along the pipeline maintenance road across Falls Lake Creek.
2) Ignore the Falls Lake Trailhead to your left.
3) Continue across the cattleguard.
4) At about 400 meters since the parking lot, turn LEFT.
5) At about 1.4 km from the start of the trail, arrive at the Zoa Peak (with signage) trail on the left. Turn LEFT and hike up! Pay close attention to flagging tape, cairns, and trail usage. There are a few forks left/right that will take you to smaller views. None of them are more than 100 meters long.
6) Up until about 2 km, the trail is very steep. However, it then dramatically decreases in difficulty.
|Duration Class:||Full Day|
|Difficulty Description:||A very steep initial ascent.|
|Cell Service:||Intermittent (Telus 2015)|
We have a downloadable GPS map for this trail!
Last Updated on Wed, Feb 21, 2018Need help using it? See our FAQ. Already own it? Login.
Trail data hidden!
Upgrade to a paid membership to view details like:
- Elevation Gain, Loss, Change
- Elevation at beginning and end
- Elevation minimum and maximum
- Slope up and down
- Distance and duration
- Trailhead and trailend GPS coordinates
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!